Goal 1: Ensure Artistic and Academic Excellence
Ensure that every MSM student receives an excellent education. Take full advantage of the overall talent of the student body, the quality of our educational programs, our outstanding faculty, and our New York City location. Increase educational opportunities through distance learning and new technologies. Form additional productive and mutually beneficial partnerships with other educational institutions, performance venues, and arts organizations across the city, state, region, nation, and world.
- 1.1. Ensure the ongoing artistic quality and educational excellence of all MSM programs by implementing a systematic process and set of criteria for identifying faculty needs, faculty recruitment, and faculty development.
- 1.2. Guide curricular improvement by identifying the core learning outcomes of the baccalaureate and graduate programs, and initiating a comprehensive assessment program.
- 1.3. Assure that every student benefits artistically and educationally from MSM’s advantageous New York City location by identifying those opportunities in all programs which connect students to the city’s musical, artistic, educational, and humanistic opportunities, such as performances, public lectures, museums, theatrical and artistic performances, and cinema.
- 1.4. Create a BM in Musical Theater to expand our offerings, attract new students, and reaffirm our artistic legacy as educational and artistic innovators.
- 1.5. Expand the use and offering of hybrid learning and other best-practice pedagogical techniques to respond to different learning styles and program needs. Maximize MSM’s outstanding Distance Learning program, providing wider opportunities for students and faculty.
- 1.6. Advance educational quality by increasing the proportion of faculty, students, and senior staff from historically underrepresented groups.
- 1.7. Gather, analyze, and use data from graduating students and alumni regarding their careers, satisfaction with their program of study, and suggestions for program improvement in order to optimally serve current and future students.
- 1.8. Analyze the academic calendar – including the possibility of greater scheduling flexibility that would enable our many different college, precollege, and community programs to start or stop at different times – so that the academic program schedule best fits the needs of students and faculty.
< Previous: Mission and Overview
Next: Goal 2: Optimize Physical Infrastructure and Human Resources >