Whom do you call in an emergency?

Call 917-493-4444 to reach Campus Safety in an Emergency

Call 911 to Reach New York City First Responders:

  To report any emergency, including a crime, to the New York City Police Department, Fire Department, or emergency services, call 911 from any phone. If you call 911 or Campus Safety from a cellphone, be prepared to tell the operator your exact location. 

Things to Remember When Calling 911 or Campus Safety:

You will need to dial "9" to get an outside line if you are calling from an MSM phone
Stay on the line until the operator ends the call
  •  Tell the operator which building you are in or near and where you are in the building. Remember, MSM’s address is 601 West 122nd Street 
Give the operator all the details of the incident 

To Report a Sexual Assault:

  •  You have the option of calling 911 or Campus Safety at 917-493-4444. 
You may also contact Title IX Coordinator Carol Matos, at 917-493-4450. 
  •  Outside of regular business hours, students can contact MSM’s trained official, who is available 24/7. Call 917-376-2418 or 917-683-7864 and ask for Jim Love.
  •  For more information on options for reporting issues or seeking emergency assistance, go to the School’s Title IX/Sexual Misconduct Policy. 

To Report a Serious, but Non-Emergency, Issue:

•   Call Campus Safety at 917-493-4444. 
  •  Or, if an incident arises in Andersen Hall, you may call 917-376-2418 or 917-683-7864 and ask for Jim Love or one of the many Resident Assistants.