The Opera Forum is a group of dedicated patrons whose donations help to fund our mainstage, workshop, and opera scenes productions and to assure the continuing excellence of our opera program. A minimum donation of $1,000 is required.
Manhattan School of Music is renowned for the excellence of its voice and opera studies program and preparation of the full singing artist—from classroom, to teaching studio, to center stage.
Fully staged, full-length opera productions by our Opera Theater have been praised by the New York Times for their significant contribution to operatic life in New York City. The essential arts of stagecraft and dramatic interpretation are honed by Artistic Director Dona D. Vaughn and fully displayed in her mainstage Opera Theater productions and undergraduate Opera Theater program.
The Manhattan School of Music voice department, chaired by Maitland Peters, provides comprehensive training for all voice majors: vocal technique, musicianship, music theory and history, piano, choral singing, diction, and an introduction to vocal literature in English, French, Italian, and German.
Graduates of the opera program participate in leading apprenticeship programs and festivals all over the world and go on to appear in major American and international opera houses.
|Conductor ||$10,000 |
|Soloist ||$5,000 |
|Leadership Ensemble ||$1,000 |
- Acknowledgment in Manhattan School of Music’s concert and opera printed programs
- Advance notification of Opera and Voice programming at Manhattan School of Music
- Premiere seating at both the fall and spring mainstage Opera Theater productions in John C. Borden Auditorium
- Invitations to receptions preceding mainstage performances
- Premiere seating at the opera workshop/scenes productions in the Alan M. and Joan Taub Ades Performance Space and in John C. Borden Auditorium
- Premiere seating for the American Musical Theater productions in John C. Borden Auditorium
- Invitation to the annual Manhattan School of Music Concert Gala