Auditions are approximately 10 minutes in length (doctoral auditions are approximately 20 minutes in length). Each applicant chooses his/her first work and the faculty will choose a second and possibly third work from the audition repertoire list provided by the applicant. An accompanist is not provided for auditions. If applicants wish to bring their own accompanists, they may do so.
- A complete work from the standard solo literature.
- Two contrasting etudes of a musical nature or two contrasting movements from sonatas or other solo works.
- Two contrasting orchestral excerpts from standard audition repertoire.
- Two complete works from the standard solo literature in contrasting styles and/or periods.
- Six contrasting orchestral excerpts from standard audition repertoire.
- Knowledge of transposition/clefs where applicable.
Orchestral Performance (Graduate Program)
Get information about this program on the Orchestral Performance page >
Doctoral and Professional Studies
A full-length recital from contrasting style periods (including a work from the 20th century) plus four orchestral excerpts.