The first Precollege Chamber Music Competition will take place on January 18, 2014. Applications are due by November 30, 2013. Winning ensembles will perform at the winners’ concert in Greenfield Hall on February 1, 2014. Only those students who have been enrolled in the Precollege Division for at least one year prior to the competition and are in good academic standing are eligible to compete.
Click here to download the printable application for students ages 15 and older
Click here to download the printable application for students ages 14 and under
Students ages 15 and over are required to play an entire work. Students ages 14 and under are required to perform one movement. Chamber music ensembles with students in both types of age categories should apply in the older category.
1. The Chamber Music Competition is open to students who are enrolled in chamber music at Manhattan School of Music Precollege Division. Students must be in good standing in their classes. Poor attendance, lack of punctuality and/or poor grades will result in ineligibility.
2. All students in the ensemble must have attended Manhattan School of Music Precollege Division for at least one year to be eligible for the competition.
3. An official application form, available online and in the Precollege Office, must be submitted and signed by all necessary Precollege teachers by November 30, 2013.
4. Contestants must provide a copy of the score to the judges.
5. Winning chamber music ensembles will perform a maximum of 30 minutes. In rare cases, exceptions may occur with prior written approval of the Dean.