Precollege tuition and fees are handled exclusively by the Office of Student Accounts.
All information regarding payment plan options, refunds, and proration of fees and scholarship can be found by visiting Office of Student Accounts online. Office of Student Accounts website
- The Precollege Division is a full-year program billed on a semester basis.
- Newly admitted students will be billed at the time of registration, and payment will be due before lessons and classes commence.
- For returning students, an invoice will be sent out well in advance of the beginning of each semester.
- Reservation and application fees are nonrefundable.
- Failure to pay by the designated deadline for any payment plan may result in cancellation of classes.
- Students wishing to withdraw from the Precollege Division must notify the Precollege Administration by email. The date on which notification is received by the Precollege Office will be considered the date of the student’s withdrawal.
Precollege General Fees 2017–2018
*Information on this page updated on March 31, 2017.
|Late Application Fee
|Reservation Deposit (all students)
|Late Reservation Fee
|Late Tuition Payment Fee
|Student ID Replacement Fee
- Private lesson
- Music Theory Class (Required)
- Ear Training Class for Classical Majors OR Jazz History/Styles/Analysis or Ear Training Class for Jazz Majors (Required)
- One assigned ensemble
- Performance opportunities made available through the Precollege Division.
Precollege 2017–2018 Tuition
Full-year tuition (30 weeks)
Precollege faculty with surcharges
|Tuition with 60-Minute Lesson
|Tuition with 60-Minute Surcharge Lesson
Additional Instrument (Double Major or Secondary Instrument)
30 weeks (full year)
|Additional Instrument — 60-Minute Lesson
|Additional Instrument — 60-Minute Surcharge Lesson
|Additional Instrument — 40-Minute Lesson
|Additional Instrument — 40-Minute Surcharge Lesson
Additional 5-Lesson Package
|Additional 5-Lesson Package — 60-Minute Lesson
|Additional 5-Lesson Package — 60-Minute Surcharge Lesson